DevOps with Visual Studio Team Services & AzureDevops .NET Cloud Scrum
Software engineering practices have changed drastically in the last few years. Agile practices, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Open Source and similar developments have proven their effectiveness. Microsoft's platforms for software development and cloud computing have also embraced these concepts and are at the leading edge in their domain.
In this two-day workshop you will learn how to build software using the latest technologies and the worlds leading DevOps and ALM platform, Visual Studio Team Services. Using team based teaching techniques you will learn how to create a fully automated release pipeline in VSTS from code to release using Agile practices. Once released you will learn how to collect feedback and telemetry to feed back into your Product Backlog for Continuous Delivery.
We use a verity of technologies and practices during the course:
- Visual Studio Team Services for Backlog Management
- Agile Planning Tools
- Git & Pull Requests
- cross-platform RESTful web APIs with C# and ASP.NET
- Visual Studio C# IDE (e.g. PerfTips, live code analysis, CodeLense, diagnostic tools, etc.),
- Cross-platform build- and test-automation tools available in Visual Studio Team Services
- Scalable deployment on Microsoft Azure with Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- Creating a multi-stage release pipeline in Azure App Services with Visual Studio Release Management
- Monitoring and Telemetry with Application Insights to diagnose production issues
- Collecting Feedback from users and customers
- Good Understanding of Scrum
- Familiar with Visual Studio