Intermediate PythonPython Programming languages
This two day course is designed for developers who already know the fundamentals of Python. This course will get more "under the hood" and introduce the students to powerful tools and techniques that go beyond the basics. There are a lot of intermediate topics in Python, and this course can be customized based on need. The class will focus on Python 3, unless Python 2 is specifically requested.
Rather than working bottom-up, this course starts with analyzing and understanding working examples. This way developers will understand the various interdependent techniques in situ rather than in isolation.
- Function and class decorators
- Creating context managers
- Packaging and distribution of Python packages
- Callable objects, lambdas, and extended argument syntax
- Properties, class methods, and static methods
- String representations of objects
- Specialized numeric and scalar types
- Functional-style programming tools
- The iteration and iterable protocols
- Multiple inheritance, method resolution order, and super()
- Collection protocols and implementing collections
- Advanced error handling with exceptions
09:00 - 17:00