Over the course of two days, we'll cover every major topic in Aurelia development through a combination of both lecture-style learning and interactive, collaborative application building. When you complete these two days, you won't only know how to build applications with Aurelia, but you'll also have a slick application you helped to build as part of the process.
Getting Started with Modern Web Development
- Introduction to TypeScript, ES 2015 and ESNext
- Introduction to the Modern DOM and Web Components
- Running Modern Applications in Older Browsers
Getting Started with Aurelia
- Setting up Your Environment
- Working with Package Managers and Module Loaders
- Understanding Aurelia Startup and Configuration
- Creating Components
- Understanding Dependency Injection
- Understanding Data Binding
- Understanding Templating
Aurelia Dynamic UI
- Understanding Routing
- Understanding Dynamic Composition
- Understanding Custom Attributes
- Understanding Custom Elements
Working with Services
- HTTP with Fetch
- Using 3rd Party Libraries and Services
Aurelia's Own Architecture
- How Does Templating Work?
- How Does Binding Work?
- How Does Routing Work?
This workshop requires that you bring a laptop with the below software installed.
- A code editor of your choice. (VSCode, Atom or Sublime preferred.)
- A command line Git client (and be sure to have a github user account)
- NodeJS 5.x.x (npm is included)
- A web browser (Chrome or Firefox preferred)
09:00 - 17:00