Programming Java Standard EditionJava Functional Programming Programming languages
This course is designed to give programmers a solid grounding in the Java Programming language. Starting with the core syntax and OO concepts, it then progresses to covering class design, arrays and collections, core libraries, exception handling, I/O and networking, JUnit testing an introduction to Swing as well as the new Java features (the course is always up to date with the latest versions of Java SE).
After taking this course delegates should be comfortable with working from a design on real projects using core Java, will be able to attend more advanced Java courses such as JEE and have a firm grasp of the fundaments required for the SCJP exam.
A 5–day programming course teaching programmers how to write and test Java applications using Java SE
- Prepare students to start developing Java solutions in Java
- Provide the core knowledge needed to prepare for the SCJP exam
- Give students the insight to develop robust maintainable code.
- Show the most common time–saving devices provided by IDE
DELEGATES WILL LEARN
- Object–Oriented programming
- Introduction to the JVM
- Java syntax
- Class design
- Use of interfaces and abstract classes
- Robust exception handling
- JUnit testing
- How to document code
- The Collections framework
- Core library classes
- Introduction to the Swing API
- Introduction to threading
- Functional Programming - an introduction to Java 8 Lambdas
Students should already have some experience of programming in another language
09:00 - 16:15
Introduction to the JVM
Use of interfaces and abstract classes
Robust exception handling
How to document code
The Collections framework
Core library classes
Introduction to the Swing API
Introduction to threading
Functional Programming - an introduction to Java 8 Lambdas
A course for programmers who have little or no knowledge of Java who are preparing for certification, or are about to start projects using Java.
Prepares students to start being productive in Java straight away.