Want to follow in the footsteps of Facebook, Instragram, Netflix, Flipboard, Dropbox, Product Hunt and many more? Let's build a complete application from scratch using React and friends, where we look at the different tools available today for building modern maintainable front-end applications.
- Functional UI with React
- Unidirectional Data Flow with Redux
- Learn Once, Write Anywhere with React Native
- React Native
Who should attend:
Developers who want to to build performant web/mobile applications that are easy to maintain and reason about.
This workshop requires that you bring a laptop with the below software installed.
What you need for the React part
- git (and create a github user)
- node 5.x.x (npm is included)
- n (node version manager for os x / unix) (optional)
- nvm (node version manager for windows) (optional)
- atom or sublime-text (or your favorite editor/IDE with syntax support for JSX/ES2015)
- Make sure you have a terminal (e.g unix (linux and os x) or powershell (windows))
What you need for the React Native part
Note: you will not get the full benefit in this part without a mac (windows and linux support is experimental), but you will still be able to follow the course.
09:00 - 17:00