Serverless Apps with AWS LambdaCloud Arkitektur & Design
Are you considering cloud migration? If you want to take advantage of serverless apps and cloud functions while learning how to utilize AWS Lambda to it's fullest, join us and dive into serverless architecture!
Join course creator Gojko Adzic on this exciting new course, Getting Started with Serverless Architecture. Gojko is a key contributor to Claudia.js, a popular opensource deployment tool for AWS Lambda, and an award-winning author of several industry leading texts, as well as a global speaker and trainer.
This workshop is based on real-world experience of moving a large collaboration platform from Heroku to AWS Lambda, leading to a huge improvement in scalability and performance, and a significant decrease in cost.
Serverless platforms significantly reduce the cost of running high-performance web sites and API services in the cloud, but with a major impact on architecture, these services also require teams to re-think how to approach sessions, storage, authorisation and testing.
Book today and through hands-on exercises and teamwork, you'll learn about using AWS Lambda and API Gateway to create responsive event-driven micro-services, auto-scaling web APIs, and high-performance web sites.
Learn how to:
- Use AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Perform file conversion, image serving, connecting to third-party APIs and managing sessions with serverless architectures
- Design scalable, high-performance web sites with single-page apps backed by cloud APIs
- Get the most out of AWS integrations (AWS Cognito and AWS IoT Gateway)
- Identify how serverless architecture impacts testing, monitoring and deployments
- Run A/B tests easily and operate multiple versions of your system cheaply by learning best practice
- Start converting monolithic applications to cloud functions
- Use Amazon Serverless Application Model (SAM) and Claudia.js to deploy Lambda functions
Day 1: Getting started with Lambda and performing basic tasks
- Introduction to AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Create a simple hello-world Lambda service
- Logging, monitoring and analytics in a serverless world
- Create a simple file-conversion service, triggered by AWS S3 file uploads
- Create a simple web API so browsers can invoke your Lambda functions
- Connect Lambda functions to message queues for asynchronous processing
- Create a Slack command using AWS Lambda
Day 2: Architecting serverless applications
- Designing applications for share-nothing architectures
- How to achieve user sessions and still work at scale
- Key things to consider when talking to third-party APIs
- Authentication and authorization with serverless applications
- How to design testable Lambda functions
- How to set up your workflow for teamwork and versioning
This course is perfect if you are a software developer or architect migrating from on-premise applications to the cloud or also if you are investigating the migration from self-managed applications (virtual machines in the cloud) or Platform-as-a-Service (Heroku, Google App Engine) applications to AWS Lambda and cloud functions.
Attendees will need to bring your own laptop with the following installed:
- Node.js 6 or 8
- NPM 3 or higher
- AWS Command line tools
Please read the following setup instructions:
9:00 - 16:15