A Tour of Modern C++C++
This workshop is part of NDC TechTown 2018
You must purchase an All Access Pass or a Workshop Pass to attend.
In this fast-paced course we will start from scratch and relearn C++ with modern syntax and semantics. Among other things you will learn (at least something) about:
- rvalues and move semantics
- how to write and understand templates
- function objects and lambda expressions
- decltype, auto and type deduction in general
- exception handling and exception safety
- "mystical" stuff like ADL, RAII and SFINAE
- futures, promises and higher-order parallelism
- concepts and type traits
- iterators, smart pointers and object lifetimes
- using the standard library effectively
- misc do's and don'ts in modern C++
- modern design principles and how to write solid code
- C++11, C++14 and new stuff coming with C++17 and later
This course is aimed at experienced programmers that would like to learn how to write, or at least understand, modern C++. Ideally you have lots of experience with old-school C++, but strong C, Python and/or Java programmers might also find this course useful.
Students will need to bring their own laptops with a C++ compiler and a recent C++ development environment.
09:00 - 17:00