Exchanging and Managing Data using XML and XSLTXML Database
This course will give you an overview of what XML is and how it can be used. You will learn about the structure and syntax of XML documents and how you can use XML documents in applications for XML Schema and XPATH, and you get a glimpse of how XML is used in conjunction with relational databases.
Different technologies for validation of XML documents will be discussed, before we go in depth into XML Schema, which is a powerful technology to specify legal structure and content of XML documents. We learn how to navigate an XML document using XPATH, so we can pick out the parts of the document that for example will be converted. The course will examine closely how we use XSLT to transform XML documents into new documents. The course also provides an insight into how XML is used in conjunction with relational databases, where MS SQL Server 2005 is used.
You will learn
- What is XML and different XML related technologies
- How a XML-document built up
- Validating XML with XML Schema
- Navigating a XML document by use of XPATH
- What is XSLT
- How and why use XSLT
- Structure and syntax for XSLT
- Connecting XML- and XSLT-filer
- Programming with XSLT
- Use of XML in MS SQL Server 2005
- XML Spy – XML development tool
After each modul follows a practical exercise to prove the theory. XML Spy will be used in the whole the course!
Who should attend?
- People wanting to learn XML and XML related technologies.
- Basic experience with HTML is good but not a requirement.
- You will get the most out of this course with some prior knowledge of XML and programming.
09:00 - 16:15
SGML, HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML
Elements, attributes, text, comments, instructions
Declaration, documentelement, nesting
Nodes, axis, rot-noden, kontekst-noden
MS SQL Server 2005