This workshop is part of NDC Mini Copenhagen 2018
This full-day workshop will focus on teaching you Kotlin from the very basics.
- The JVM
- Basics of Kotlin syntax
- Object-oriented programming with Kotlin
- Java interoperability
- Tooling and Build Tools
A more detailed breakdown includes:
- Understanding the JVM and Bytecode
- Structure of a Kotlin application
- Declaring variables and immutability
- Control Structures
- Classes, Data Classes, Interfaces, Objects
- Functions and Lambdas
- Infix Functions
- Extension function and properties
- Class and Property Delegation
- Basics of Interoperability
- Build Tools
- IDE Tools and REPL
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at those that are not familiar with Kotlin and want to get up to speed with the language, independently of whether they have some previous experience of working with the JVM.
An IDE or editor, Kotlin Compiler or Plugin and a version of the JDK installed. Any Operating System is fine.
09:00 - 17:00