Understanding Blockchain and Smart ContractsBlockchain
One of the hottest technologies of late is no doubt Blockchain. But what is a blockchain? A blockchain is a digital transaction of records that's arranged in chunks of data called blocks. These blocks then link with one another through a cryptographic validation known as a hashing function. Linked together, these blocks form an unbroken chain — a blockchain. A blockchain is programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value. Another name for blockchain is distributed ledger.
So how is blockchain useful to businesses and developers? In this 1-day talk, you will learn the fundamentals of Blockchain and how it works.
You will learn the following key concepts:
Introduction to Blockchain
- What are Cryptocurrencies?
- Motivation behind Blockchain
- Centralization vs. Decentralization
- Placement of trust
- The blocks in a Blockchain
- Linking the blocks
- What is mining?
- Understanding Proof-of-Work (PoW)
- Rewards for miners
What are Smart Contracts?
- Ethereum as a programmable Blockchain
- Uses of Smart Contracts
- How do you deploy Smart Contracts
- Using Smart Contracts
Uses of Blockchains
- Assets ownerships
- Archival of medical records
- And more!
During the session, you will have the chance to interact with the Ethereum network, and use some of the Smart Contracts deployed on the network. You will also see how Blockchains can be used for businesses.
Who Should Attend
- Developers who want to have a good understanding of Blockchain and how Smart Contracts work on the Ethereum network
- Business Executives who want to explore Blockchain technologies and see how new apps can be built on top of it
- No programming experience required
Participants are recommended to bring along their own notebook computers
- Mac / Windows / Linux laptop
- Chrome Browser
- MetaMask Extension for Chrome
09:00 - 17:00