This workshop is part of NDC Copenhagen 2019
Strugling with web application complexity? Looking to break-free from your legacy spaghetti nightmare? Using or considering React for your next big project? Looking for a clean and elegant way to manage the state of your application?
If you want to learn about React and Redux - this class is for you!
LEARN HOW TO
- Write elegant, testable and maintainable code
- Think about the state of your application
- Appreciate pure functions and immutability
- Make your application talk to the server and tame the complexity of asynchronous code
- Use modern tools to super-charge your development
The following would be covered during the 3 days.
- Introduction/big picture
- Components, Components, Components JSX
- Lifecycle hooks
- Virtual DOM and reconciliation
- Handling events
- Working with forms
- State management Inter-component communication Higher-order components
- Best practices and common pitfalls
- Introduction/overview Data flow
- Redux store
- Writing reducers
- Actions and action creators
- Asynchronous operations
- Using thunk middleware
If you are an experienced Web Developer and you want to learn how to design, create and maintain complex and modern rich web appiclations using React & Redux, this is the course for you!
COURSE LABS & EXERCISES
This workshop is a combination of lectures, discussions and practical exercises.
Bring your own laptop with the following installed:
- Git client
- NodeJS 8
- Google Chrome (or any other modern browser) Visual Studio Code (or any other text-editor/IDE)This is a BYOD (bring your own device) workshop.da
09:00 - 17:00