CBD Programmers: Clearly Brutally Declarative
Programming is a game of thinking, not just doing. We win by thinking clearly, brutally, and declaratively. Do you ever get lost in the cobweb of complexity, and struggle to express your intents clearly with only if/else/switch/for/while, the more of them the worse? Do you seek clarity in programming, but finding that you may need new primitives, and don't know if they exist? Welcome, friends! It's time to equip yourself with some more power, of the expressive kind.
The principles can't be simpler:
* State your problem clearly
* Declare a solution succinctly
* Code is an afterthought
- declare and assign conditionally
- sequential and implied ordering
- repetition and nesting with patterns
- distant and massive branching
- for/while for aggregation: join an array
- conditional collection: push to an array
- eye the purposes: separate "produce" and "consume"
- it's the data, dummy! not code!
- the grand finale: modern state management in one word [xxxxx], and world dominance thereafter :-)
Let's re-think how to structure code, put that into action, and blow some minds :-)
Not your daily language? Come along anyway, you'll be able to cope!