Develop Better Products with Agile
Many teams are adopting an agile way of working, for instance with Scrum. Their expectation is that agile will help them to develop products that satisfy their customer’s needs, be more flexible, and deliver faster. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work that way. Working in teams and collaborating with your customers to get feedback is hard. It’s not about doing Scrum, it’s about effectively using agile practices to deliver value faster.
In this workshop you will practice agile and learn how to apply it effectively:
- Practice understanding and prioritizing customer’s needs.
- Work in small teams to develop products iteratively.
- Learn to gather valuable feedback with product reviews and demos.
- See how to improve your way of working with agile retrospectives.
- Find out how to effectively apply agile practices with an agile mindset.
The workshop is loaded with examples and suggestions to help you deliver the right products faster.
If your team(s) are:
- finding it difficult to understand your customer’s needs to decide on what to deliver when
- not delivering working software or not able to finish user stories within a reasonable time
- not getting feedback from customers and unsure if you are delivering value to your customers
- having difficulties communicating and working together as a self-organized team
- doing agile/Scrum/Kanban rituals but feeling that they are not always helpful
- having difficulty to reflect and learn and get good actions out of your retrospective
then this is the workshop for you!
Learning by Doing
The practices that you will be using in the workshop Develop Better Products with Agile will help you to develop the right products for your business and customers, reduce your delivery time, increase the quality of your software products, and become a collaborative high-performing team.
You will practice:
- Communicating with customers to build a backlog and slice it into small product pieces to deliver
- Prioritize delivery using criteria like value, risk, learning, debt, dependencies, etc
- Collaborating remotely to create products
- Doing demo and feedback sessions to find out what customers think of your product
- Facilitating retrospectives to learn and improve product development skills
The workshop Develop Better Products with Agile is intended for:
- (Senior) Developers, Architects, UI/UX designers, and Testers
- Product Owners/managers
- Technical (team) leaders and Scrum masters
- Project/Line Managers
- (Business) Stakeholders working with agile teams
- Agile and Lean Coaches
- Anybody who is supporting teams in increasing their performance
- Become better at understanding what your customers really need
- Skills for prioritizing product development to deliver more value faster
- Ability to do product reviews/demos to get valuable feedback
- Ways to reflect and learn to increase the performance of your teams
Ben Linders is an Independent Consultant in Agile, Lean, Quality, and Continuous Improvement, based in The Netherlands. Author of Getting Value out of Agile Retrospectives, Waardevolle Agile Retrospectives, What Drives Quality and Continuous Improvement. Creator of the Agile Self-assessment Game.
As an adviser, coach and trainer he helps organizations with deploying effective software development and management practices. He focuses on continuous improvement, collaboration and communication, and professional development, to deliver business value to customers.
Ben is an active member of networks on Agile, Lean, and Quality, and a well-known speaker and author. He shares his experiences in a bilingual blog (Dutch and English), as an editor for Culture and Methods at InfoQ, and as an expert in communities like Computable, Quora, DZone, and TechTarget. Follow him on twitter: @BenLinders.