End to end GraphQL
GraphQL is a powerful approach to creating APIs where the power in the hands of the client more than the server. This means we need to think differently to how we create GraphQL servers.
From creating a schema to represent the data contracts, implementing that schema against a data store and how to have a client work with the server, there's a lot of things to consider in the design.
So, let's get started! Over the course of this workshop, we'll learn the building blocks of the GraphQL language, create a server with TypeScript, work with data stores and create a web app to connect to it. With the basics done, it's time to expand with advanced GraphQL features such as real time through subscriptions, creating federated backends to integrate existing APIs and how to handle security.
- Why GraphQL
- GraphQL fundamentals
- GraphQL clients and servers
- Building our first GraphQL server
- Connecting GraphQL servers with data stores
- GraphQL on the client
- Hosting GraphQL in the cloud
- Real-time backends with subscriptions
- Federated backends with Apollo
- Security for GraphQL
- A laptop
- Text editor (VS Code is recommended)
- Node LTS + latest npm
Nice to have
- Docker + VS Code Remote Containers extension
- Azure subscription
- GitHub account