Off on the Right Foot for React and TypeScript
An easy but profound introduction to React with TypeScript, with a bias towards understanding the key concepts, and building a clear and sound mental model, to set you up properly for the exciting world of front-end development.
We’ll build a fun, simple yet representative web app to explore a few topics including:
- What makes client-side so different?
- State management and the usual solutions, and frameworks
- Vanilla React, the big idea, pros and cons
- Redux, the why, how, the mental model, pros and cons
- Guiding principles, best practices
- The trends, churns, and how to keep a clear head
This workshop is made for developers new to React, TypeScript or front-end, or those needing a refresher. Prior programming experience is necessary, but not specific to any language or framework.