DevOps in two days with IaC, Azure, GitHub Actions and Octopus Deploy
Join us for a hands-on session learning about core CI/CD concepts and best practices. Review real-world release management and automation problems and discover how to overcome them using Azure, GitHub Actions, and Octopus Deploy.
- Jun 20Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)2 days07:00 - 15:00 UTCDerek Campbell1 790 AUD
During the workshop, you use a sample repository and build it locally in Visual Studio. We then walk you through building the application, testing it in GitHub Actions, configuring the release, and passing the artifact to Octopus Deploy for deployment.
You get access to provisioning infrastructure in Azure, building a GitHub Actions workflow, and creating an Octopus Cloud instance. You use these tools to configure and prepare a build. Then you release and deploy a sample application from dev to test to production.
We’ll introduce you to:
- Octopus Cloud
- GitHub and GitHub Actions
- Microsoft Azure
- Building your .NET 6 multi-tier application using GitHub Actions
- GitHub Actions builder
- Setting up your application to pass packages to Octopus Deploy from GitHub
- Octopus deployments and Config as Code
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and how to add infrastructure in Octopus Deploy
- Creating Azure Web Apps & SQL PaaS in Azure via IaC
- Administration of GitHub Actions, Octopus Deploy, and Azure
- Multi-Tenancy, channels, lifecycles, and spaces
- Common deployment patterns including canary, blue/green, and red/black
Who should attend:
- Developers, Ops, and DevOps Engineers starting on their CI/CD journey
- Software engineers looking for fresh ideas
- Anyone using an older version of Octopus who wants a refresher
- Free Azure or MSDN Subscription with access to create an Azure Service Principal (we advise against a corporate subscription)
- Email address to spin up your free Octopus instance
- GitHub account
Laptop with Windows and the following software:
- Visual Studio Code
- NET Framework 6.0+
Derek has worked across the world in London, Melbourne, Singapore and now from home in Glasgow, Scotland, for Octopus Deploy as a CI/CD Architect in the Customer Success team. Derek works with and helps Octopus Deploy’s biggest clients with their CI/CD pipeline and helps enable their success with Octopus Deploy.