TypeScript for React Developers
Hi, I’m Ben Ilegbodu 👋🏾. In this workshop, you will learn how to use TypeScript to build React applications. But instead of simply covering types and syntax, the workshop will have a focus on how using TypeScript can prevent common bugs that infect our applications.
Maybe you’re concerned about the code health of your app and what to learn how TypeScript can provide confidence in making big changes. Or maybe your team is building a new React application and you want to see if TypeScript makes sense before kicking off the project. Or maybe you’re just questioning whether TypeScript is worth the learning curve when you’re already productive building React applications.
Whether these are your reasons or you have others, you’ll no doubt leave convinced that TypeScript will help you in your current or future React projects.
Get ready to…
- Learn basic TypeScript types and syntax
- Define fully type-safe component props
- Type common React hooks
- Handle forms and other events
- …and many more features that help you write quality code
You’ll need to have…
- No prior experience with TypeScript is necessary! 🙌🏾
- Experience building React applications using hooks
This workshop may not be for you if you…
- Already have some experience using TypeScript in React (try Sharing React Component Logic)
- Have React experience, but don’t yet have experience using hooks
Ben is a Christian, husband, and father of 3, with nearly 15 years of professional experience developing user interfaces for the Web. He currently is a Principal Frontend Engineer at Stitch Fix on their Frontend Platform team, architecting their Design System. Ben also is a Google Developer Expert, Microsoft MVP, and enjoys playing basketball, DIY, watching movies, and tweeting (@benmvp) / blogging (benmvp.com) about his experiences with new web technologies.